What kind of Personal Data do we gather?
We may collect and store the following personal information (the “Personal Data”) depending on the sequence and/or use of Customer Websites:
- registration to Customer Websites
- name, email address, postal address, telephone number and other information as part of the registration form’s completion, if any;
- subscription to use Customer Websites:
- credit card, credit card numbers, billing information and expiration dates as part of the subscription payment by credit card, if any;
- access and use of our services: any Personal Data you choose to submit to Customer Websites;
- any transactional information based on your activities on Customer Websites and content you generate or that relates to your account;
- discussions, chats, disputes resolution, correspondence through Customer Websites and correspondence sent to us;
- other information from your interaction with Customer Websites, services, content and advertising, including computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from websites, IP address and standard log information;
- other supplemental information from third parties: for example, if the information you provide cannot be verified, we may ask you to send us additional information. If you choose to provide us with Personal Data, you consent to the transfer and storage of this Personal Data on our servers located in Switzerland.
How do we use this Personal Data?
By using this service. you agree that we may use your Personal Data to:
- provide the services and customer support you request;
- improve our marketing and promotional effort, to statistically analyze site usage;
- improve our content and services offerings;
- customize our site’s content, layout, and service specifically for you;
- gather aggregate statistical information about our site and users, such as IP addresses, browser software, operating system, pages viewed, number of sessions, unique visitors and so forth;
- resolve disputes and troubleshoot issues;
- tell you about targeted marketing, services updates, and promotional offers; and compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties.
The processing of Personal Data will be made in accordance with the mandatory terms of the Swiss Data Protection law (RS 235.1 Loi fédérale sur la protection des données (LPD) dated 19th June 1992) and any modification thereto, such as, in particular, the right to receive confirmation as to the existence or non-existence of such Personal Data, the manner in which such Personal Data is used, the right to obtain the communication, in an understandable form, of the processed Personal Data and of their origin, together with information regarding the motives for processing such Personal Data.
Do we disclose Personal Data?
We may share your Personal Data with:
- services providers under contract who help with our business operations, such as fraud investigations or bill collection;
- other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your Personal Data;
- law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a request relating to a criminal investigation, alleged illegal activity or any other claims (for example that a listing or other content violates the rights of others). In such events, we will disclose Personal Data relevant to the investigation;
- Other business entities, should we plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity
A few important things you should know about cookies are that:
- Most cookies are “session cookies” meaning that they are automatically deleted from your computer at the end of a session.
- You are always free to disable cookies on your computer by changing the setting in preferences or options menu in your browser, although doing so may interfere with your use of Customer Websites or services.
What about spam?
How do we protect your Personal Data?
Any user can view your Personal Data through your account which is protected by and ID and password. Your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters and special characters, and do, not disclose your password to anyone. If you do share your password or your Personal Data with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the same of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your Personal Data and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately change your password.
We take reasonable steps to maintain the security of your Personal Data on Customer Websites to:
- prevent unauthorized access, alteration, damage; or
- maintain Personal Data accuracy and ensure correct use of it.
You should understand that the open nature of the Internet is such that Personal Data may flow over networks without security measures and may be accessed and used by people other than those for whom the data is intended.
Do we give you access to your Personal Data?
Subject to applicable law, you are entitled to know whether we hold Personal Data about you and, if we do so, to have access to that Personal Data. Depending on Customer Websites, you can either (i) see, review or change most of your Personal Data or (i) require your Personal Data to be changed if it not accurate anymore.
You are responsible that your Personal Data is accurate and updated. Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your Personal Data from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and subject to applicable law.
How long do we retain Personal Data?
By using the eProktor services on the Customer Websites, you agree to the above-detailed terms and conditions of use.